Saturday, May 9, 2009

the creator's power

Was watching Discovery Channel earlier and it was about Ram Bahadur Bamjan(picture). A 15-year-old boy that had disappeared away from home only to be found meditating under a tree in a dense forest since May 2005. He didnt eat,drink or move a muscle. He just sat there and meditated all day.

They showed a footage running 24/7 proving that the boy really survived without food,drink. The camera was kept rolling for about a week or so. Simply just sat there,closed his eyes and meditated. He's been in that position(above)ever since he started meditating under the tree.

I was blown away by this. I was so into the documentary that I totally ignored what my mom and sis say to me. Every sec of the documentary was like a new knowledge to me. Around 2007/08 he disappeared from the tree. It was believed that he had gone deeper into the jungle to meditate.

It was also believed that he is a reincarnation of a Buddha in 500 BC. When he finally showed himself on November 10 last year,he said that he would give speeches a few hours daily for one week before he goes back into the deep forest to meditate.

So here he is now at 18 years old. I just couldnt stop thinking about this even after the documentary ended. It totally blew my mind away. His speeches were about the discrimination Nepal was going through. And also talked about peace.

When I looked at him just sitting under the tree motionless,I had this chill going through me. Like he was a unique human being. Well,not actually a chill.. I dont know. You gotta watch the documentary to feel it. It kinda fascinated me to the max. Haha.

There were interviews from nutritionist,dietician,psychological expert,scientists and also buddhas about how the boy survived 3 years or so by staying motionless. Yoga played a part in the meditation. There was one footage that showed he was sweating at 10 degree celsius! Can see the sweat flowing down his face some more.

And there was one story where they shared that his chest started a fire. Something about combustion. He then spoke to his brother to wrap him in a red cloth. And he only speaks to his brother. Right now..probably he's out there in the jungle meditating for peace in Nepal and the world.

I'm not like looking at him like he's some kind of god or an icon that I should look up to. But just WOW-ED by the whole thing.