Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bet 'cha wont be reading till the end

March holidays have already started but to me its no holiday at all. I still have to be back in school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2pm to 5pm. Obviously for SYF drama. I'm gonna die of intensive acting. So watch out for my funeral invitation yeah.

I dont know why Desmond(my instructor) is not commenting much on our acting skills. Clearly our voice projection sucks,there are still diva-thinkers and there are still people who refuse to listen to instructions and take things seriously.

Pretty much the ones that I need for SYF are gone and the ones that are a nuisance are here to stay. Life is hell in the dance studio. They blame others for putting them through this shit but never blame themselves for what trouble they have put drama through.

Most of you must have already know that I got no more passion for drama. I did say it to Desmond and I'm glad that he understands because of the things that I have to deal with that has got nothing to do with drama. For example,their behaviour.

And this tuesday and wednesday's session,well...I'm not ready for it. I dont want those people to ruin my week free from hustle and bustle of school life. I know(and so does Desmond) that they always talk about me behind my back and cursing me and stuff like that for being too controlled over them.

Too bad its the nature of my job. I'm the stage manager. I volunteered myself to be one. Teachers and instructors agreed that I'm fit for the job. So you people have no excuse to say that I'm controlling you whatsoever because if you cannot control yourself during sessions,who else gonna do the job?

And whats with the losing of focus? Once you're done with your line,you get back to the real-life character you are and wait for your next turn. You think acting is so easy? For god sake, it almost killed me the last time I did that and I broke down!!!

Remember the Portia character that I had to take on,kemp? It was a lawyer-like character and you always see them acting on tv. It looks simple but I cried when doing the role. Why? Because once you lose the momentum of the character,you cant get it back so easily.

Or lets take for example a sarcastic character. Even a dumb person can pull off the character,but what about the actions leading to your lines? You have the sarcasm when delivering your lines,but what about the actions and movements before,during and after that?

When you're on stage,you are to forget the real-life character that you possess and be the only one person that you are suppose to be,your character!